If you’ve stashed the watersports gear for the day and are just looking for something fun to keep the kids and friends engaged, here are some entertaining options.
- Bring along those fun lily pads, water toys, spray guns and soakers for a fun splash party!
- Pull up to a beach and go exploring on a nature walk.
- Have a family sandcastle contest!
- Bring a deck of cards like UNO, or a fun board game.
- Create a scavenger hunt with clues related to items or landmarks you might encounter on your boat trip. Work individually or as teams to discover hidden treasures!
- “I spy with my little eye” – take turns with different people identifying an object and letting others guess it.
- Before your adventure, create a simple set of bingo cards featuring items you're likely to spot in the natural surroundings where you go boating. First person to spot all the items and shout "Bingo!" wins.
- One-word stories are always a blast … each person contributes one word and the group attempts to tell a cohesive story until two people conclude with “the” and “end.”
- Bring along the portable karaoke machine or use a smartphone app and belt out your favorite boating tunes!
Boating is great for bonding and creates unique opportunities to bring family and friends together. A little planning in advance can totally enhance the enjoyment of your boating adventures!